Saturday 19 October 2013

Shopping Challenge by Cashkaro.com

Hello Everyone!!!

If you are an online shopping maniac like me, I am sure you are familiar with cashkaro.com 
Cashkaro is India's No.1 Cashback & Coupons website. With cashkaro.com you can now EARN 
CASHBACK every time you shop with websites like Yatra, Jet, Flipkart, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Myntra, Jabong & many more.  Just go to cashkaro.com first & then go to other websites from there. Shop normally & get cashback. When you have Rs 250 confirmed cashback, you can request it to be paid to your bank account via NEFT or request payment via cheque.

Now cashkaro.com has come up with a challenge for the bloggers. They gave us two topics to select from-
1.      If you were given Rs 10,000 how would you spend it? How much would you save via Cashkaro.com and what will you do with that money saved?
2.      Shop via Cashkaro & share your experience. How did Cashkaro save you money and would you recommend Cashkaro to your friends?

I found the first topic very interesting and thought why not challenge myself to buy an entire outfit including clothes, footwear, accessories and makeup.  Also with Diwali so near, why not go for an ethnic outfit? So let’s get started. I’ll first try to fit a complete ethnic outfit in the given budget and at the end of this post tell you how much money I saved using cashkaro.com and more importantly what I will do with it J

When it comes to online shopping I always prefer Myntra and Jabong as they have the latest collection, great discounts and a very good customer service.

Clothes:
Biba had recently launched their showstopper collection which I instantly fell in love with. Also for ethnic wear, Biba is my favorite brand as they have unique designs and fit really well. I don’t have to go for alterations most of the times J. I chose this beautiful black and red cotton suit set.  This dress was love at first sight.
Biba-Suit

 Footwear:
I came across these pair of wedges by Metro browsing through Jabong’s footwear section. Aren’t these a perfect match for the suit set above?

Metro-Sandals


Jewellery:
The suit has a big golden border and prints so I didn't want to add too many accessories. So I chose a pair of long drop earrings in black and gold.

Ethnic-Earrings


Clutch:
With too much of black in this outfit, I chose a red and gold toned clutch by Shree to break the monotone. It has ethnic print all over and the studded stone piece gives it a royal look.

Red-clutch

 Makeup:

I chose Maybelline Clear Glow Natural Bright Benefit Cream 03 for base makeup.

My favorite eyeconic kajal for creating a dramatic winged eye as well as on waterline.

A red lipstick by Maybelline Colorensational in Rubylicious Jewels Lipstick 630.

Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Waterproof Mascara to add some more drama to eyes J

And lastly nail polishes from Maybelline’s latest color show range in Downtown Red 216 and Blackout 220 to do a  simple nail art using these two.

Diwali-Makeup


 And here I am all ready for Diwali evening J

 

Now coming to how much I saved using cashkaro.com

As of now cashkaro.com is offering 6% cashback on anything bought through them from Jabong (check here)and Flat Rs. 180/-  cashback on Myntra (check here).  So let’s do the math now. I know everybody hates math but don't you wanna know how much money I saved??

 

Product from Jabong

Actual price of the product

Money saved using     cashkaro.com

Biba Cotton Suit

Rs. 5595/-

Rs.335.7/-

Metro Wedges

Rs. 1190/-

Rs. 71.4/-

Maybelline Nail enamel in Downtown Red and Blackout

Rs. 150/-

Rs.9/-

Lakme Eyeconic kajal

Rs.199/-

Rs. 11.94/-

Maybelline Mascara

Rs. 350/-

Rs. 21/-

Maybelline BB cream

Rs.199/-

Rs. 11.94/-

Total

Rs. 7683/-

Rs. 470/-          

 

  

Product from Myntra

Actual price of the product

Money saved using     cashkaro.com

Shree Clutch

Rs. 1399/-

 

     Rs.180/-

Maybelline Lipstick

Rs. 3500/-

Earrings

Rs. 156/-

Total

Rs.1905/-

     Rs.180/-



Hence in all I spent Rs. 9588/- out of the stipulated budget of Rs. 10000/- and managed to save an additional amount of Rs. 650/- using cashkaro.com (excluding the discounts offered by the website J )
If I saved this amount I will spend this money along with the money I save on by not bursting crackers during Diwali, to buy sweets for the less privileged kids and light up their day too J

Follow cashkaro.com on Facebook and Twitter for regular updates on exciting offers :) 

Did you like this post??? Do let me know in the comments below :) 

*This is my entry for blogger's contest by cashkaro.com

Do you follow me on GFC?? If not join now :D
Also find me on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and Pinterest  for regular updates.

love


1 comment: