Thursday 17 October 2013

Queen For A Day

Hey Everyone!!!

I know I have been MIA for quite a long time now. First my camera stopped working and I had to wait till the new one arrived ( Got a new camera already!!! More on that later ;) ). Also with exam coming up, I hardly get time for anything else. But I promise I'll be back to blogging regularly soon. And course I will find some time every now and then to say hello to you guys. 

Recently I was invited to attend an event - "Queen For A Day" at Taj Salon, Taj Lands End, Bandra. I was not sure if I ll be able to attend the event but then one look at the invite and I knew I would surely go. Tell me who could have said no after looking at this invite???

Invite
 I reached the venue a bit late. After the introductions and welcome drink, they asked me what I would like to get started with. They had various things lined up including, shoulder massage, manicure and pedicure, makeup, vintage hairstyles, etc. for the day. As the manicure and pedicure stations were already occupied, I chose to start with hairstyle.

Taj Salon
After a few suggestions by Jyotsana (hairstylist), I chose to go for a messy side bun. The staff at Taj is very knowledgeable and they keep giving you little tips and tricks. It took around 20 - 25 minutes and I loved the end result. 

Vintage Hairstyle
I got my mani and pedi done after the hairstyle. They have a sea facing pedicure station. Now how can one not feel like a queen when you see sun setting into the ocean while getting your nails done!!!!
It was difficult to choose a color from so many colors. I finally chose Big Red Apple by O.P.I 

Also got a chance to meet fellow bloggers and chatted with them over cupcakes and macrons. 


Finally I got my makeup done. Dramatic winged eyes, n*de lips with some coral blush. And Tadaaa I was ready. No wait...How can a queen be ready without her tiara??? Yes they had tiaras and other fun props for us to pose with at the royal photo booth. 

Photo booth


After all the fun it was time to go home. They had this beautiful goodie bag ( basket) for us. Isn't is pretty??? And yes they had arranged a car to drop me home. How thoughtful of them :D. Who leaves a queen out in Mumbai traffic :P 

  
It was a wonderful experience and yes they did make me feel like a Queen For A Day.


About Taj Salon:


Locations present:
Mumbai – Pune – Nasik – Ahmedabad – Jaipur – Jodhpur – Lucknow – Kolkatta – Chennai – Delhi


Timings:
9 am to 7.30 pm


With a burgeoning client roster of the crème de la crème of fashionistas, which include international celebrities and diplomats, and basic services like haircuts starting from Rs.750/-* for men and about Rs.1500/-* for women, Taj Salon has mastered the art of providing exceptional service at affordable prices.

All our hair and beauty services come with a complimentary consultation.


*Prices at The Taj Salon, Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, as of October’13

  • The Taj salon 1st opened its doors in 1940 as one of the only 2 salons in the country


  • The salon was run by Madame Jacques (a French national who ) for 42 years and pioneered the shape of the salon industry as it is known today styling the who’s who of the world including former Ms.World, Madame Pompodour in those times. She had created a differentiation by importing colours/products from Singapore etc in a time when only locally made products were available.

  • Madame Jacques retired in 1981 (I have heard that her advancing age and her losing her eyesight led to her retirement) and the salon was taken over by Taj Group, renovated and re-launched under the brand ‘Taj Salon’.


I was invited to try out these services but this has not affected my opinion

Do you follow me on GFC?? If not join now :D
Also follow me on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and Pinterest for regular updates.

love

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing experience Swati, you look so cute in the pics <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh tha sound slike lotta fun!!!!

    http://www.myunfinishedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow !! This looks a great experience and loads of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!..Lucky you girl..Awesome fun!

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.com

    ReplyDelete